Monday, December 7, 2009

Snickerdoodles

Last week I made my first batch of Christmas cookies. Yes, my first. I haven't made any more because I need more milk. But I do plan on making more. The only way this plan will be bust is if baby decides to come. And I won't complain about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lighter Snickerdoodles
Recipe from allrecipes.com

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
4 oz lowfat cream cheese
1 egg
2 egg whites
2 3/4 cup white flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (which I didn't add)
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/2 cups of white sugar, and cream cheese. Beat in the egg and egg whites until smooth. Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small dish, mix together the remaining white sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place the balls at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, and flatten slightly.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

~~~~~~~~~~~

These cookies turned out so yummy and pretty! And I haven't felt guilty eating most of them. I took a plate to the apartment complex managers. But I'm selfish and kept the rest.

2 comments:

  1. weeeeeird! i planned on making some snickerdoodles today. i love them and no one's gonna make them for me so i figured i'd make them myself :) i'll have to try that recipe because everyone knows we don't need more fat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so i tried it and they were delicious. i even froze a few balls to make when i'm having a bad craving :) i've never made them, but they sure are pretty like you said!

    ReplyDelete