Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 21


Actually, that's week 20. I'm really 21 weeks now. Don't look much different. That one actually looks bigger than what I think I normally look now. (And it took 3 tries to get a picture that good.)

Ah, but let's see. Today I had another appointment. The only other thing they had to say from my ultrasound results were that my placenta was in front which means it's harder to feel baby. Then they asked if I felt her every day... well, I don't know. I can't even tell she's kicking when I'm poking her and they think I should be able to since they can. I'm a first time mom--it's still hard to figure things out like that.

Still couldn't find the heartbeat with the stethoscope so they used the doppler again. Strong and normal. Measuring fine. Eating fine. Feeling fine.

Oh, but this heat. It's been lovely and 100 - 110 degrees the last few days. And we have another few days before it drops down to the 90s for the remainder of the week. It's pretty sad when it's still 90 at 9pm. And really tiring. I thought I lacked energy before? That's nothing compared to now. I think I'll die in Orlando next month.

We've discovered that our cats like ice though. Actually, that discovery happened a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's the shape, the coldness, or the noise they like. But they are drawn to it. So now we put some in their water every day. Hey, I like ice water too. Can't blame them.

I don't have much else to add at this point. Maybe something interesting will come up soon...

5 comments:

  1. If you're going to post pictures of your swelling I request that you include your countenance. Reports on your progress should include the glow that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigah, my sistah looks puregnaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever. She's totally arching her back to make her tummy pooch more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you think Orlando, think air conditioning, cuz that's where we'll be most of the time. And average for Aug is 95

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I saw a link to your blog from Tamara's blog! Mind if I add you to my people to spy on?!?! hehehehe :) You're looking GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete