Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chocolate: One Woman's Everyday Pleasure is A Pregnant Woman's Craving

I do not love chocolate. I don't think I have ever loved chocolate. Chocolate doesn't spin my world. Chocolate is best with other things. Chocolate-covered strawberries. Those little chocolates with nuts in them. I do like plain hot chocolate. As I was saying, chocolate isn't something I must have every day. Whenever I'm stressed, I don't turn to chocolate. Whenever I need a pick-me-up, it's usually not chocolate.

Then I get pregnant. Baby, what are you doing to me?

It's liking the same stuff as before, just wanting it much more frequently. Chocolate pudding. Chocolate chip cookies. Pepperidge Farm cookies with chocolate chunks. Almond Joys. Snickers. Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips. Chocolate ice cream (with other stuff). Chocolate cake (with good frosting). Chocolate milkshakes. Chocolate eclairs. Chocolate chip coffee cake.

Or anything that has a combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Yummmmmyyyy.

I do not want fudge. Or chocolate milk.

7 comments:

  1. i have the same relationship with chocolate. my obsession right now is chocolate cake. there is an amazing chocolate cake at costco. the best $17 you could ever spend...trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. may I suggest the chocolate cakes at Konditorie down commercial street? DELICIOUS!!!

    And Kelly's cake suggestion- TOTAL chocolate, like diabetic coma chocolate, but oh so good :) Make sure you have extra people to eat it though cause it's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why we bought a milkshake maker. So I could have peanut butter chocolate milkshakes whenever I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it crazy how your body just takes over when you're pregnant? You can't help what you want, and you want it now! Haha. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Suki, welcome to my life! Why do you think I need to lose some major weight?! And uh... since I'm your visiting teacher this month, I would be SO happy to help you with that cake from Costco. In the spirit of service and all, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you are going to crave something, chocolate is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, just 17 lbs. I lost 6 lbs initially because I couldn't eat enough, so I guess if you start from my lowest weight I gained about 25 lbs, but if you start from my beginning weight, it was 17 lbs. Sad, huh?

    ReplyDelete