Right now, there actually are two zucchinis in my garden. Almost ready to pick! And sometime early next week, I'll be picking my pak choy.
SW Garden. This was after I had been gone for 1 1/2 weeks and my garden didn't get much water. It looked sad.
My poor strawberry plants.
The pepper is bigger now.
This tomato was eaten already.
And here are some pretty flowers on some tree in our backyard!
So this was all about the experience of a first year garden, right? Here is what I have learned.
- For my backyard, putting the garden boxes on the asphalt was the best choice and I really like them there.
- I knew the dirt would settle, but I didn't expect it to go from 6 to 3 or 2 inches. As a consequence, my plants growth is stunted.
- The hot weather stunts growth too.
- I haven't eaten a lot of produce from the garden (with the growth stunted and all) but I absolutely love it.
- Next year, I think I will build 12 inch boxes with lots of soil. If Jared agrees.
- Best way to garden ever! The first 3 or 4 weeks, I had a lot of weeds--mostly those seeds from the tree that was falling into the garden. Lately, it has been weed-free.