Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another Work Moment

Sometimes I get reminders of how nice it is to work in the corporate world. Today was one of those days. I had the privilege of getting my great-grandboss lunch. Good thing I drove today.

Boss: I need you to get Stu lunch. *Hands over a Hamilton* Turkey sandwich, everything but onions, a bottle of water.

The journey: Where? Subway is closest. Let's go. Does he like Subway? Maybe Quiznos would be a better choice. Gonna have to be Subway. Ack! Two different types of turkey sandwiches. Turkey breast will do. Uh oh... the bread choice. She gets to pick whichever goes best. Turned out to be whole wheat. Cheese. Cheddar? Toasted? Um, why not?

Luckily, that was the end of it. Then when she asked as confirmation "banana peppers, blah, blah, and blah?" Yep. Why you'd want nasty dill pickles and five types of peppers on your sandwich beats me though.

Oh, and a bottle of water.

Let's face it. When you are already sometimes decision-challenged (except when I'm at Subway... I know what I like and the only thing that varies is the bread), making decisions for your great-grandboss is even worse. It's a good thing he seems very nice and easy going. And he calls me lady whenever he comes to visit so that is automatic points right there. And I don't think that's because he doesn't remember my name. My grandboss made sure of that.

So a nice reminder of being an admin in corporate America, where you're asked to do things not in your job description because... well, that's what you do.

1 comment:

  1. "Why you'd want nasty dill pickles and five types of peppers on your sandwich beats me though."

    Pickles are about 95% water so you can eat as many as you want without feeling guilty.

    The lacto fermentation process used to make pickles helps with the digestion of all foods.

    Studies have shown that pickles lower the blood sugar spikes that occur after eating.

    Since the national birth rate is dropping, storks have found it necessary to suppliment their income by endorsing Vlasic pickles. The pecuniary propensities of pickle purveyors has helped perpetuate the pelicanlike peregrinations of storks who deliver babies. CLICK TO MEET THE STORKAnyone wishing to obtain a baby is encouraged to consume pickles as frequently as possible, not just on sandwiches, but with foods such as cream puffs and fruit rollups. Research indicates that eating pickles with ice cream greatly increases the odds of being visited by the stork delivery service.

    Attempts to obtain babies without the assistance of a stork often result in various complications including but not limited to morning sickness and labor pains.

    Now do you still maintain that dill pickles are nasty?

    ReplyDelete