Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Mural at Helping Hands Center

My oldest sister works at a school for children with autism. I worked there for about three weeks prior to being married. They used to share a school with a regular public school. While I was living in Oregon, they were able to obtain their own building. Woot woot!

My youngest sister decided she wanted to paint a mural for one of her Young Women projects. These projects are required to take at least 10 hours of their time. They are to plan and carry out seven of these projects from ages 12 to 18. Kimmi actually said she would do two murals: one inside and one outside. She will still do the inside mural but not as part of her project anymore.

Kimmi is so creative. A lot of thought went into what would be included in the mural. The school pretty much said anything besides what it currently is (from the previous occupants) would be great!

Here is just the before and after pictures. I have several more progress pictures that I'll probably get in a future post but I really wanted to put these up because it looks amazing. Valerie reports "everyone loves it and I was proud to say that it was my sisters who did it".

(Oh yeah, whenever Kimmi was there, so was I. And almost always Kaelyn. Some of that work is mine but all the creativity is Kimmi's.)



3 comments:

  1. Extremely impressive amount of work and creativity, I like the before and after pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall of the school was very nice! I came here through the Remodelaholic’s Blog. I liked what I saw and I've been getting follower! I leave the invitation to visit my blog Criações em família e cia. ! (Family creations & co.).

    ReplyDelete