Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Yes. It is Skyrim.

The last Elder Scrolls game (Oblivion) was one of the games that Jared had me try that I really liked. Right. Read “practially the only game that Jared had me try that I really liked”. World of Warcraft is the other one.

What really got me into Oblivion was that you could do SO MUCH. It wasn’t all questing. I liked that you could pretty much do whatever you wanted. I was totally one of those people who picked up EVERYTHING to sell. I whimpered if I had to drop something because I was over my carry limit. I did all the sides quest lines (Thieves, the Brotherhood) before really doing the main line. And then I didn’t even finish the game. I was pretty close when Jared finished and had me watch the ending scene. For some reason... I just didn’t want to finish after that.

When Jared first told me about Skyrim earlier in the year, I said “we’re getting that”. Wow, it’s expensive. I could do a lot with 60 buckaroos.

I won’t go into the story line because you really don’t care. In fact, you probably don’t care about this entire post (so why are you still reading?) but I’m writing it anyway.

Jared has played it just a little bit and our playing styles are definitely different. Jared picks the occasional flower he sees. If I see it, I pick it. I pick them all. And you can even catch fireflies and moths and butterflies! (Yes, that deserves an exclamation mark. Geek much?) Jared is cleaner when he fights. I’m like “hey wait, where’d you go?” and “who’s hitting me now?”

Hey look. It’s my character! I’m a wood elf and my name is Aryn. A bow is my choice of weapon and that should be no surprise to those who know how I play.

IMG_0342

I can tell you right now that my house will be so much cleaner on a daily basis because of this game. It will be far too easy for me to just play the game and wait, where’s Kaelyn? Okay, really, that is so not truth. I am not an ignorant gamer parent. But my plan is that the game is my reward. I have a list of several things I want to be a daily habit. After I do those several things, I can play the game.

I will be playing this game for a loooooong time.

3 comments:

  1. Reed would like to come over and play. He is jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not jealous. I just want the game, though I have no way to play it without major upgrades to the computer, or an xbox, or ps3. And I don't want to come over to "play" because that will just make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day that I do not buy this game I wrestle with myself to just buy this game! Do want!

    ReplyDelete