Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bad Customer Service

We all have those experiences when you swear that customer service really should be renamed customer avoidance. It’s especially annoying when service is usually pretty good. Or at least as far as you can tell.

I went to a clothing store today which I shall not name because I see no point and I don’t really want to slander them. I found one item I wanted. I found another item I wanted but not in the right size. I asked a sales associate if he could check if they had the right size in the back. He said “yes”, took the item, went to the register computer, and then proceeded to ring up a customer’s purchase who was standing in line. I proceeded to stand there and watch him help four more people. Not wanting to deal with Kaelyn who was getting antsy, I grabbed my choice #2 ad got in line. Thankfully I didn’t get him but I was hoping that I would get one of those random “hey, here’s a survey link” printouts.

Nope. I didn’t.

But you can bet that the manager of the store will receive a phone call or email from me.

Anyone else have customer avoidance stories to tell?

1 comment:

  1. As a critic of bad customer service, you might enjoy this little prank I made recently. I called my credit card's customer service line to do some "negotiating." Having a bit of leverage, I thought it presented a great opportunity to mess with them a little without fear of retribution. I made a video of the call and posted it on my blog along with my comments about what happened and a fuller "director's cut" transcript. Pay attention to his response to the classic line "Why does Bank of America hate Christmas?" Enjoy. http://www.ragingwisdom.com/?p=508

    ReplyDelete