Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Green Smoothie: First Tastes

My first smoothie was basic. 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, 3 bananas, 2 cups water. Blend. Drink.

IMG_6117

First thought: Ooooh, my blender works sooo fast and is sooo pretty!

Second thought: Oh. Em. Gee. This is a lot of smoothie.

Third thought: It’s kinda warm... and I feel like I have to chew still.

IMG_6118

I’m used to making smoothies that fit in one cup. Or two cups so you can share. Or one really big cup. Green smoothies are meant to be 4 cups. This I did not know. Now I do.

I’m not sure why I expected it to be cold... I didn’t put any ice or anything in it. Probably because my regular smoothies contains frozen fruit and yogurt.

Kaelyn tried some. This was the only time she wanted to try it. Now she’s never awake when I make them but I don’t think she was too fond of feeling like she needed to chew her liquid lettuce. Oh wait, that was me.

IMG_6120IMG_6122

No comments:

Post a Comment