Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 3 of 30 Days of Me

Day 3: Favorite Television Show

I honestly never used to care about what was on TV. This is probably due to the fact that we didn't have TV growing up. We watched movies. TV was for vacation. Maybe. You know, Sesame Street and Reading Rainbow (in our teens even). In college, I couldn't believe how many fellow students watched their shows or had several seasons of whatever.

It wasn't until I was married that I started to watch any sort of TV. We watched American Idol with my sister-in-law. And we occasionally watched Dancing With The Stars. Still not that much. Oh yeah, Lost was in there somewhere but I stopped watching it when it wasn't going anywhere and it was the same stupid stuff over and over again.

Then earlier this year, Kaelyn was having a really cranky period and wanted to be held all the time. So I watched Hulu. And I watched tons of episodes of random shows. And I really started liking some shows. Now we have cable and a DVR. Some shows I watch on my own. Some with Jared.

Psych--too hilarious. We can't wait for the next season to start.
Castle--I got Jared hooked on this one.
Rizzoli & Isles--I started watching this show because of Isles. I wanted to know if I'd like her here because I didn't like her on NCIS. (Interestingly, her character, Kate, is who my mom says I am most like on NCIS.)
NCIS--I started watching because of my mom.
NCIS: Los Angeles--I wouldn't say we watch it religiously but we do record it and watch it. So more of a favorite than some shows and less of a favorite than others.
What Not To Wear--Jared sometimes watches this with me. This is the only fashion show I watch because it is actually something I can apply.
Bones--When I first watched this show, I didn't like it. Then I saw an episode that I liked. And now I like it.
Dancing With The Stars--Most of the time I have no idea who the celebrities are. But we still enjoy the show.
Warehouse 13--My father-in-law said once that he liked to watch this show. Having never seen it, I looked it up. Watched whatever episodes were on Hulu. And then kept watching it.
Heroes--We were really really sad when it was canceled.
The Pretender--Jared and I watched all the seasons and movies way back when. I wish they had done the final movie and finished the story line.

As always, I'm probably missing a few that I just can't bring to mind right now. They must not be high on my list of favorites if I can't think of them though!

3 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 Castle <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3 Nathan Fillion <3 <3 <3
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love What Not To Wear. I always feel like I can dress better after I've watched that show.

    I LOVE Bones! I'm sad the new season doesn't start until November!

    And we watched The Pretender growing up. It was pretty great, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SYTYCD? I'm pretty sure this should be on you list.

    ReplyDelete