Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pinterest #5

Good guesses on which movie I own! Valerie (who probably knows everything we have) got it right with Muppet's Christmas Carol.

One thing I haven't talked a lot about lately is my workout routine. I might not've said anything since last Thanksgiving when I ran a 5K with some family members. My mom has kept up on running on and off since then. I have kept up more off than on. :-\ But I did turn my workout more to strength training so that was part of it.

Recently I joined a gym and have really been loving it. I got a few free personal training sessions which I really loved. Mostly I have taken group fitness classes. Now it's time for me to develop a better workout plan instead of just doing something each day. One thing that I'm going to include is running again. My family is considering running a 5 miler on Thanksgiving this year. It's a little daunting to be facing that in two months but I think it's very doable. So look for more information on how that's going!

Where is this going on a Pinterest day? I have a board that I keep pictures that inspire and encourage me in the world of fitness. This is important for anyone but the reason it is really important to me is because I can't track progress by a number on a scale. It's easy to think I'm not getting anywhere but if I look at other markers, I feel motivated to keep it up.

image source

I don't know if I'll ever do what it takes to lower my body fat percentage enough to show abs like that, but wouldn't it be cool?

image source

I definitely notice this quote as being true. I never feel physically blah on a day that I go. Even when I'm sore, I feel empowered and capable of doing great things.

image source

Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself. Another quote I like is "you are what you eat". You are what you do. And if you're fine with what you do, that's great. But if you want to be somewhere and you aren't doing anything to get there, then you will never get there.

image source

I have been in a few core classes now where we've done elevated pushups. Not nearly this elevated but they are hard! I'd like to be able to do them better.

image source

And lastly, I love going to yoga once a week. We don't do anything like this in the class I attend but one day maybe I will increase my level of skill to be able to do something close to this.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the healthiest and satisfying things. I'm glad you're starting up something like this for serious. I never want to stop... I'll be like Jack Lelane going to the gym instead of a doctor at 96 years old.

    ReplyDelete