Monday, October 17, 2011

Corduroy Pants

Kaelyn has been needing pants for a while. We have a lot of legging type pants which only look good on her with longer shirts. I like the option of short shirts as well so I needed pants that fit her that were more wide legged.

IMG_6125

I have a lot of cotton material that will be wonderful for shirts. Or skirts. Not so much pants. As I was perusing the merchandise, I came across a pair of castaway pants from Jared. Corduroy. Perfect.

Kaelyn

The pattern I sort of started with was drafted for a much skinnier kid than mine. Yes, she has a cloth diaper tush to cover but even without it, that pattern wouldn’t fit her. So I decided to up the some cuteness factor and make some side panels. I used the original hem. The waistband sports a flat front and an elastic back.

Kaelyn1

Kaelyn was really excited to show Jared. “Daddy! Pants!” Jared says, “Very cute! They look like my pants.” I said, “They should.” But I am quite pleased that he likes them. I kinda thought that he’d think the little bit of gathering on the sides was weird.

2 comments: